Monday, 22 October 2012

Tropical Flowers (Clay Plates)

Bird Of Paradise, Anthurium, Heliconia, Hibiscus with Humming Bird
From L to R: Bird of Paradise (2010), Anthurium (2010), Heliconia (2010), Hibiscus & Humming Bird (2010); Acrylic on Clay Plate, 7.5" 

Dancing Lady Orchid, Amaryllis
From L to R: Orchid (Dancing Lady 2010), Amaryllis (2010); Acrylic on Clay Plate, 5"

Clay Plate Paintings I did for my mom one year. She is such a genius at interior design and landscaping. She put them up in a wooden bookshelf she designed to mimic a plantation house. 

Plantation House Bookshelf
Bookshelf/ Clay Plate Stand

My Mom also loves tropical flowers and grows them so she can make fresh floral arrangements for home.  It is one of the things I miss from home when I am at school during the semester. I used her garden and various floral arrangements for reference material.

Tropical Floral Arrangement
One of the Floral Arrangements that she did for Eid this year. Isn't she amazing?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...