Sunday 5 August 2012

About Me


I am a medical student for Trinidad and Tobago with many different interests, one of which is Art. I have always wanted to keep an Art journal, and I thought this might be a good way to keep track of some of my artwork and share them with friends and family.


Art was one of my passions at secondary school, so I studied it until CXC O'levels, because after that I had to make room for another dream of mine, to enter medical school. Art became more than a favourite pastime  after that. It became an escape from hectic times and a way to deal with unsavoury emotions.

From my school days, my favourite mediums have been Acrylics and Watercolours. I think that the Impressionist movement really influenced my work. I love capturing the way light plays off of objects and the contrast created as a result. I believe that is why I adore the work of Leonid Afremov

  UNREAL SENSES - Original Oil Painting On Canvas By Leonid Afremov

With my university studies, it has not always possible to devote as much time as I would like to my Art. It is however much quicker for me to do a sketch/ full drawing illustration on my HP Touchsmart PC using Corel Painter when I am on the go. I do more illustration type drawings on my computer.

"Different styles for different times" - Very ancient old lady I used to know 



Abstract of Me
© 2012 Shazanna Khan


I am on Deviant Art (See link below, "Abstract of Me") but I don't think its personal enough. I think that with this blog, I would actually be able to explain myself better about the inspiration for some of my pieces and be able to link some of my reference material/ sketches, as well as show some of the more interesting aspects of my life.

Thank you for reading. While you are waiting for my next post, (I don't know when that will be) you can check out my deviant art account (http://shazanna.deviantart.com/) for some "art-candy".

Comment and let me know what you think and stay tuned for more art! :D


EDIT: I should add that this blog will not be strictly an art blog, and will encompass the things I enjoy about living on the islands of Trinidad and Tobago as well as my experiences and musings. 

2 comments:

  1. Umah Devi DookeranThu Aug 09, 09:27:00 pm

    hey shaz, wonderful job on ur blog. U are such an inspiration to me, its been a while since did any art work you gave me some encouragement. Please stay as beautiful as you are.... Umah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you umah. this really means a lot to me :) You all at Works always motivated me to do more, especially you and Jill.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...