Monday 6 August 2012

The Fox

 Status: Current Work-In-Progress

My friend G is a talented musician, great artist, awesome writer and a lover of foxes. Though he would only admit to the last. He asked me recently to show him how to paint a fox. I think he seriously overestimated my skills. I never attempted to draw/ paint furry animals before. Nevertheless G always inspires me to try something new artistically so I decided to give it a try.


So I scoured the internet looking at images of foxes and I saw this little guy popping up on a few blogs/tumblr/facebook. I'm not sure who was the photographer, but it definitely was such a cute shot.

Reference Image

I decided I didn't have time to go the traditional route so I fired up my computer and began sketching away. Here's the work I did so far:

Sketch #1: Rough sketch and outline

Sketch #2: Filling in the white spaces

Sketch #3: More details
I probably took less than an hour to reach Sketch #3 (that's the great thing about drawing on your computer- its so quick) but by then I was really tired and had to go to bed. The next day, I had a wedding to attend and after that I was either too lazy or too busy studying to continue any more work on Mr. Fox. Hoping to finish this by the end of August! 

Comment if you like foxes too!



2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I'm with ya till Sketch 1 and then after, well.. Not so much :P
    Keep going, I'mma keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di! It's a tool on Corel Painter called "Just add water", basically a blurring tool. I feel like a cheat by using it and I am pretty sure there is a much easier way to draw on it that involves using the other "brushes". I just have not figured it out as yet!! :D Most of my drawings involve the use of 2, maybe 3 brushes max. It goes a little something like: pencil tool, water tool, repeat.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...