Wednesday 8 August 2012

About Trini-Google Doodle

Inspiration came for this as I played Google's very addictive Hurdle 2012 Doodle. Google has a rich history of including funny, quirky and very entertaining Doodles about famous artists, scientists, celebrations and important events in the world.


For some of us, it can be quite an education. Did you know that Bolivia's Independence Day was on August 6th?

More importantly, did you know that Jamaica also celebrated its own Independence on that same day?

Maybe Google was giving a shout-out to Jamaica with the Rastafarian colours?
A very historic occasion as well, because like Trinidad and Tobago, 2012 is the year that both Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago celebrate 50 years of Independence. It made me wonder, would sweet T&T ever have its own Google Doodle? Especially on a momentous day as our 50th anniversary? As stated before, in a previous blog post, I have been feeling rather patriotic these days, so I started sketching while watching the Olympics.

Shame Fact: I had to google Google to remember the order of the colours of the logo.

The finished product:
Google Doodle Trinidad and Tobago
Click Me!
Trinidad and Tobago over the years won medals at the Olympics in the fields of Weightlifting (3), Athletics (11) and Swimming (1).
Our first 3 medals that we ever won at the Olympic games were for Weightlifting by Rodney Wilkes (Silver-1948, Bronze-1952) and Lennox Kilgour (Bronze-1952), and our solo Swimming medal came from George Bovell III.
All our 15 medals are displayed in the logo and the sports we won them in.

In case you have not figured it out by now, there was no competition and this is not an official Google Logo. Just something for fun to inspire some Trini-Pride. Hope you got caught for a second and had a good laugh. :D

I have to give credit to my brother for creating the webpage and giving me that needed second opinion. It was a Khan collaboration, and I certainly could not have made this dream into a reality without him. The Google search bar actually works and if you click anywhere else, well give it a try and you'll see.

To my artist friends out there, if Google gave you an opportunity to design a Trinidadian Logo, what would you draw? Send me a link to your sketch so I can feature you in my blog.

Leave me a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my Logo :D and feel free to like/ share my blog to inspire some Trini-pride. #I4TANDT

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...