Wednesday 13 March 2013

Notebooks (Things I love #1) Again

The Island by Sh@z: Notebooks (Things I love #1) & New Sketch: I am a notebook addict! A few from my collection I absolutely adore notebooks. I love those hardcover notebooks with their gloriously...

These are lines from a post I did last year. Apparently the sentiments still ring true to me. I love notebooks!

9 from my collection
Why am I bringing this up again? A few weeks ago I went to the beach, and on my way home I stopped at a new pharmacy called Starlite Pharmacy in Maraval. I had to check it out because it looked like a Superpharm and was obliquely opposite to it. I don't know what kind of obeah Superpharm works but every time I go in, I must always come out with a purchase. So I approve of Starlite because I do not like monopolies on services offered.
I went in with the intent of scoping out the goods but I could not resist their stationery collection!  They had  beautiful notebooks and notepads and ahhhh! I went crazy.

So I bought 2 new notebooks.

Then a week later I visited RIK Bookstore at Grand Bazaar, and what did I see? A gorgeous purple and gold notebook. I had a burning desire to purchase it. Thankfully I got some sense talked into me! I just bought 2 notebooks that have no purpose as yet and now I want to buy a third to use for what? Thank you Akash! (Though I still want it lol) I know..I have problems.

About my purchases: One Waldo Pancake simple small hardcover notebook- very plain, with thick pages; one page lined, and the other blank, which is perfect for my sketching/doodling needs. While I appreciate the wit and sarcasm of the illustrator and I am laughing at the front cover with its yellow writing saying "Who writes this crap" and the back with "Waldo Pancake who writes this crap as well", I have a sneaking suspicion that I am going to be customising it. Though it is kind of growing on me. We will see.

The next one was from the awesome people at Live-Inspired.com. I do not even need to explain why I bought it. You can see more photos about it here on their website. It is amazing.

I think it is inspiring and is great for people who like to keep journals, record their thoughts, or practise their writing. It features quotes from the amazing Ralph Waldo Emerson and some others on a few random pages throughout the book. I feel motivated just looking at it and I wonder if I do write in it, will some magic in it rub off on my writing?

However I don't think I am going to find out! I've decided to do a giveaway of sorts :D 

I have some very awesome friends/blog readers, and when I purchased it, a few of you crossed my mind, as I thought it was something that some might appreciate or find a use for as a journal or a book of poetry.

I am a firm believer of everyone having their own special notebook to keep thoughts recorded. Simply because when I was going through some rough patches, and felt my brain overflowing with thoughts, it was easier to let loose on a page and get rid of some of the negative emotions.

It was also great retrospective study. It gave me perspective when I needed to analyse situations, and helped me organise my thoughts. Most importantly with my terrible memory, it helped me remember fantastic moments and lessons learnt from bad ones so I don't repeat them.

I started writing this blog post in February and planned to do this as a give-away to celebrate because it was also my birth month and I was on the receiving end of so much love and support for my birthday. Birthday celebrations Life got the better of me and I neglected that post so I am doing it now.

I will be giving away this lovely notebook to one very special reader to say thank you. It would make me so much happier to know that this gorgeous book found an owner who will use it and appreciate it.

If you would like to have a shot at owning this, simply fill out this contact form. Let me know what you would like to use it for and be sure to include a mailing address. I will pick someone at the end of the month and mail / hand deliver. My decision is final and all that, and if I decide to keep it for someone's birthday, I suppose that will work as well (:D hehe) My point is I want it to go to someone who will love, appreciate and make the most out of it.

Thank you everyone for the support. I look forward to hearing from you all and keep on reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...