Friday 4 January 2013

Year in Review Timeline

Year in Review Timeline (2010), Digital Art.

Here's a little something I did a few years back to bring in the new year. A timeline capturing some of the important memories of 2010.

2012 was an interesting year. As is to be expected, it was filled with life's usual ups and downs, and some life changing events. Great ones and not so good ones. While I cannot say with certainty that if the opportunity ever arose to change something about the year that I would not take it because it is a tempting prospect,  I can safely say that I appreciate ALL the experiences I have had over the year as it has helped me forge a new path and added richness to my life. I am a firm believer of the saying, "Everything happens for a reason" and in retrospect, my so called "negative" life events, actually turned out for the best.

Some things I'm thankful for/learnt over the past year: Old friends and family. Reconnecting with old schoolmates. Meeting new people. Making new friendships. New opportunities and challenges with my hobbies and academics. The opportunity to plan Mt Hope's first art exhibtion featuring artwork from staff and students. A renewed effort to make time for my Art. Becoming a member of Art Society of T&T. Organising Staff- Student Cricket Matches. Satisfaction in my choice of my field of study. Winning a football tournament with my team at school. Thursday evening football "sweats". Unexpected happy moments and rewards from unlikely sources. Time spent with loved ones and that they're still alive. Being able to make the best out of a terrible situation. Forgiveness. My own limits and when to say no.

I am not a huge fan of New Year Resolutions but I do have some realistic goals that I would like to achieve this year along the lines of improving my academics, art and most importantly myself. If I had to sum up my aspirations for the year, it would be: Eat healthy, Live right, Be humble, Learn More, Be a better person.

A special thank you to my blog readers. Your support means a lot to me. When I started this blog in July 2012, I never expected that much people to really read it. This blog has become much more than an outlet and a way to keep track of my progress with my art. I really do hope that you continue to enjoy the content and continue reading :)

I sincerely wish you all a year filled with happiness and success! All the best for the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...